Tuesday 4 December 2007

Kumala Dreaming

Flying from raincloud into the night
Submerged into waves, coming up in the light
I’m kumala dreaming

Night becomes day and day becomes night
Always love and don’t give in to the fight
I’m kumala dreaming

Bikes for the surf, sun for the rain
A koala hug heals that lonely pain
I’m kumala dreaming

From roads to the sea, green into blue
Apostle rock, reef and kakadu
I’m kumala dreaming

Story behind the poem:
2 years ago, after a difficult 7 months in my first job after graduating from university, and screwing up a relationship, I had an opportunity to go to travel to Australia for a month. For me it was a pilgrimage to a place I'd always dreamed of going to, and was a surreal experience of pain, healing and learning to trust again closing off the past to prepare for a new journey when I returned to live in my city of birth in Scotland. The plane I travelled on from London to Sydney was called 'Kumala Dreaming'.

No comments: